Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bones and Biscuits

I bought Afton some teething biscuits this week.
Turns out Oliver thought these teething biscuits smelled pretty good and really wanted to try them. And Afton was only too willing to share. So to remedy the situation I pulled out a bone for Oliver. And I THOUGHT this solved the problem. Guess not...
Afton: "Hmm that looks pretty good..."
Afton: "Maybe I'll just try a little." (Don't worry mom intervened before it reached her mouth.)
Afton:"If I can't try your bone Oliver, wanna try some of my biscuit?"
Oliver:"Maybe just a little."
Ahh the joys of mother hood and pet ownership. Although sometimes it can be a little overwhelming having a dog and a baby to take care of during the day, especially when Oliver has to pee right when Oliver needs a diaper change and one is whining at the door and one is crying on the floor, I still wouldn't change it.
They are starting to interact more everyday and Afton just loves him. Oliver tries very hard to love Afton but sometimes the ear pulling is a little much for him. But he loves to make her laugh by running by her really fast and licking her face just as he passes. This is becoming a daily occurrence and I just love hearing Afton's little laugh.
So good news Oliver, looks like you'll be in this family for the long haul. Meaning many more babies pulling your ears and many more teething biscuits to share.

No comments: