Thursday, October 27, 2011

Prison

I feel like the older Afton gets, the less I document the little things she does every day. The first week I wrote down and took pictures of everything and as time went on and Afton grew older, I slowly stopped. Not altogether mind you. We got her crawling and standing, you know, the important stuff.
But the little things have definitely been forgotten more often than not.
And I don't want that to happen. The little funny things she does everyday remind me how much I love her and how the last year has been the best of my life.

So to remind me of her disdain for baby gates, I give you: Afton and Oliver in prison.
Baby-gate prison that is.
Compared to her normal cries of anger and pouting this little reach through the bars is nothing. Usually I listen to at least 5-10 minutes of crying while I am prepping dinner.
And let's face it, Oliver is her partner in crime for everything nowadays. So it's only fitting he be in prison with her too right?
Oliver also gets mad when he gets stuck on the other side as well. But his anger is more because he can't get to his food and water and less because he wants me to hold him.
And when Afton does manage to escape "prison" she's a magnet for Oliver's dog food (the whole reason for the prison in the first place).
Ahhh free at last.
In this case jail is completely necessary. We can't have cheeks full of dog food all the time now can we? Hopefully she will forgive me one day?

2 comments:

Chase and Nichole said...

Ha ha! I love baby prison! I should make one for Beckham... ANd I am pretty sure he would eat the dog food too if we had it ;) Love her onsie and baby legs! We are a comfy house too. And she really does look adorable in that red sweater and I love her beanie! I can't believe she is almost one! Oh and I love the pciture of you and her together! You look so pretty! And like you are losing more weight! The Yoga and pilates is paying off :)

Kat said...

Gosh Clair, I cannot believe how big Afton is getting! She is such a cute girl! Can we please get together this Christmas so I can finally meet her?