Friday, September 2, 2011

Discouragment and Encouragement

It's crazy how every new day with Afton brings something new. This last week I decided to let Afton feed herself with a few finger foods (mostly cut up soft fruit).
There was a lot of smearing and smooshing on her tray.
But she did manage to get quite a few pieces in her hands...
And even a few from her hands to her mouth.

But don't worry because I had my vacuum on standby in case any drooped on the floor. (Oliver has realized his life just got a whole lot better now that Afton's feeds herself once a day).
Eventually Afton got tired of the effort it took to get one little piece of banana in her mouth and resorted to this...
And this...
And was pretty dang proud of herself. And I have to say her mom was pretty proud too!
And yes there was some gagging...
But mostly just my smart little girl growing a little older and wiser.

No comments: