Sunday, September 18, 2011

Payback

Most people that know me well, know that I am pretty opinionated and very passionate, no strong willed, fine, stubborn.
No kidding, when Chad asked my dad to marry me, my dad replied, "Are you sure? She's really stubborn." Yeah. And by the way I get this stubbornness mostly from my dad...
Chad and I are a perfect match because we both have this quality. So he didn't mind answering yes to my dad's not so subtle question.
Fast forward four years which is how long we've been married and I think I have toned down a little on the stubbornness and learned how to compromise. You really have to to be successful in a marriage, right?
Well then came the baby in the baby carriage. Enter Afton.
My mom teased that maybe I would get a stubborn baby as payback for being such a hard baby for her. Apparently I wouldn't go to sleep or something like that. Hmmm...
Well I think her wish came true.
(In her defense this picture was right after a nap. One, I am cranky after a nap too. Two, I would be mad if the flash went off in my face right when I woke up.)
(And this was isn't so much throwing a fit or being cranky but it's just so dang funny I had to throw it in. It looks like she's making a westside sign and making a "yo" face. To answer your question, no she's not in a gang.)
Moral of the story: don't be stubborn because you will pass it on to your children and then you will have to deal with their stubbornness and your stubbornness.
*cough cough* Dad.
Don't worry he doesn't read my blog. Not that I know of at least.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Aw yes. The payback. I am not looking forward to experiencing some of things I did to my parents.